KINGWAY BAPTIST CHURCH, Mickleton NJ
Church, Mickleton NJ
Photograph by Janice Brown, April 2004
John Miller, Assistant Pastor
Mickleton, NJ 08056
OF KINGSWAY BAPTIST CHURCH
From "East Greenwich Centennial booklet,
1881-1981;" written by Jim Fish.
Jim Fish arrived in the township in 1975. He conducted the
first church service of the new Kingway Baptist Church on November
Since the Congregation had no church
of their own, they rented the Seventh Day Adventist Church, Woodbury for 19 months.
Since the Seventh Day Adventists observe the Sabbath on Saturday, it was a very
The congregation later rented the Little Red
Schoolhouse in Mickleton, which was closer to many members. When the congregation
outfrew this place, the moved to the Mt. Royal Firehouse for services, but still
held Sunday School class at the Mickleton site.
Trustees in 1981 were
Bill Reed, Don Kafka, Carl Gruber and Robert Shirley.
Six acres of land
were purchased in 1977, near Kings Highway in Mickleton. They paid cash for the
land and sold $150,000 worth of bonds in 1-1/2 days to raise money to build the
Easter Sunday, 1979, the congregation held their first service
in their beautiful new church. November 30, 1980 they held a special service to
honor their Fifth Anniversary.
They give all credit to the Lord for their
help in this wonderful project. The church had 175 members in 1981.