44 East Tomlin Station Road
"Some Old Houses of Mickleton NJ"
to have been built c. 1783 for Valentine and Sarah Simson Reynold on land bought
from her uncle, William Harrison Jr. Thomas Adams purchased the house in 1825.
Wells Albertson House
711-715 Kings Highway
"Some Old Houses of Mickleton NJ"
portion believed to have been built c1770 for Margaret Wells Albertson
on land heired from her grandfather, William Harrison. Margaret
and her husband Aaron Albertson lived there from 1770-1784 (Private
The house as it looks today. Photograph courtesy of Chad
G. Nichols (Dec 07)
3 Cedar Road
Mickleton, New Jersey
Photograph circa 1980 (from "Some Old Homes of Mickleton')
house was built about 1895 for Christian Wolferth as home for August and Elizabeth
Eichler on land bought from Joseph and Rebecca Leigh.
Wolferth purchased this land from Joseph and Rebecca Leigh for $2,100. It included
Joseph Leigh's blacksmith shop (a wooden building on
where a whitewashed brick garage now stands).
1895-1943: Residence of
August Eichler, the village blacksmith and wife Elizabeth (Raymond)
August Eichler purchased the house and land from Christian Wolferth for $2,000
12-14-1943 Raeman Borden purchased same from Elizabeth Eichler.
1950-1979 The property, home and outbuilding passed hands several times including
Philip Landis, James East, Michael LaPollo, and Gino Alberto. The last named owners
demolished the old Grange Hall on the property.
2004 - This property currently is the John Anthony Salon & Day Spa.
of John Anthony Salon & Day Spa (2004)
JOHN ANTHONY SALON & DAY SPA
HOURS OF OPERATION
Tuesday - Friday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
751 Rattling Run Road
from "Some Old Houses of Mickleton NJ"
part believed to have been built c1793 for George Brown on land
bought from Daniel and Leze Price
Smith (Leze was the mother of Samuel Mickle, diarist, Woodbury).
825 Kings Highway
from "Some Old Homes of Mickleton"
is believed to have been built c1746 for William Harrison on land
heired from his father, Samuel Harrison.
Chad G. Nichols Dec 07
- Survey Book A (Gloucester) p 20 Thomas Gardiner surveyed 600
acres on one of the northerly branches of Homman's Creek south
of Stephen Jones "Lynd" for Samuel Harrison
- William Harrison heired land from father, Samuel Harrison, mariner.
- William Harrison and wife, Ann (?Hugg). Children: William Jr.,
Priscilla, Mary (m. Noah Wells), Ann (m. James Simson), Hannah
(m1 William Albertson, m2 Thomas Ellis Jr.)
c 1759 - William
Harrison from William Coxe 773 acres.
Survey Book H481 - Thomas Denny surveyed until William harrison
11 acres of above next to Harrison's other land. This appears
to be in the vicinity of the Solomon Lewis house. It was part
of an early survey of the West New Jersey Societies called Indian
- Priscilla Harrison heired from father, William Harrison, plantation,
land and saw mill. Brother William and brother-in-law Thomas Ellis
to carry on saw mill for two years. They to deliver boards to
Philadelphia and give Priscilla half the profits.
- Priscilla Harrison. Negro woman Venus (m. May 1770 Cudjo, negro
man of Matthew Tomlin). Negro girls, Cande and Lenah.
Woolwich Township set off from Greenwich Township by a royal charter
from King George III. One of its boundary points was at the mouth
of a branch of Homan's Creek "a little above William Harrison's
attached PDF for more details]